Tuesday, March 26, 2024

March Lolita Tea Party

 I should be caught up after this post!!!

For our meetup this month, we went to JR as usual.  The afternoon tea set theme this time was a collaboration with French chef Nicolas Boussin!  There was no dress code, so I wore Wa-Lolita this time.  I also tried a new way of doing my hair.

Hairclips: Tila Bunny
JSK: Metamorphose temps de Fille
Socks: Atelier 17

Since my hair is dark, it's a bit difficult to photograph, but I did my hair in rosettes without any hairpins at all!  It's secured in place by looping through my hair itself, then secured at the end with another ponytail combined into the leftover tail.  That's not a clear explanation, but it's difficult to explain!
Rosette hair!

We originally had 10 girls, but one actually forgot so we ended up with nine!

The full set was VERY filling this time! The sweets seemed to be bigger servings and a lot of cream, but everything was absolutely delicious.


The savory dishes were delicious as well. The most interesting was the shrimp, which was fried in what seemed like thin noodles, and dipped in fruit preserves??? It actually tasted very good!
Clockwise from left: Smoked salmon burger, steamed egg, fried shrimp, quiche

My favorite sweet was the one in the center of the following photo; it tasted like a Ferrero Rocher, which is my favorite chocolate!
Clockwise from left: caramel cake, chocolate cream cake, yuzu(?) cream cake, chestnut pastry, pistachio crisp, hazelnut cream cake

It was nice and we stayed and chatted until they closed at 7PM!  Since we were all still so full, we didn't even go for dinner.  Just headed home to digest the big meal!

Somehow we also ended up without a group photo 😹 We were too busy chatting the whole time!
The savory dish with the fig(?) is prosciutto, but I don't eat prosciutto so I gave it to Neco, who I was sharing the set with.


Whew! What a busy while it was for me!  Being busy sure costs a lot of money too 💰 I'll need to hope for more work so I can make some more income!