Monday, March 25, 2024

Recent Outings with Friend from Canada!

 You thought my busy days were over? I'm still catching up!!

On Wednesday, my friend from Canada arrived, and I spent the day helping him get his bank and APRC (Alien Permanent Residence Card) updated.  It was a lot of running around from 9:30AM to around 5:30PM but we got it all done and then got food!

First, he came over to shower and keep his suitcase here until he could check into his BnB.  We went to the bank and unfortunately, he forgot his stamp, so we grabbed some lunch before heading back to my place to grab the stamp.

We passed a place called Pizza Rock and it was good!

This one is called Teen Spirit

They had a lot of toppings to choose from, including a vinaigrette SPRAY which was neat!  The hot sauce I grabbed was also very delicious and added just the right amount of kick to the pizza~

After getting the bank, APRC, and BnB sorted, we headed to the night market we used to go to together back when he lived in Taipei!  Went for teppanyaki!!
Long time no teppanyaki!  It's so good

I also got an Oreo bubble waffle.  It was ok.  I think I like original flavor better!


There were also some puppies that were extremely excited for head pats!!!  They kept running to the edge of the table to get pats!


On Friday we met up again and went to Ximending (I've been there three times in a week now!)

First we got some sushi at 爭鮮 which used to be NT$30/plate with some at $60, but now has $30, $40, and $60 plates and some servings, such as sashimi, have gotten smaller.  Inflation is hitting all of us!

NT$300 total

Then we walked around and looked at what has changed since my friend was last here 5 years ago~

I got some grilled mochi, matcha flavor!

Grilled mochi stand!


And we got some snowflake ice at one of my favorite places, 三兄妹.

I wore my earrings from the Pokemon Center!  It was difficult to get a photo.



I did a lot of walking that week!!  But it was great to catch up with three friends!