Monday, October 21, 2024

October Lolita Meetup

 This past weekend we had our October Lolita meetup!  It was a crafting meetup instead of a Halloween one, so I didn't actually wear anything spooky.  To be honest, I will likely wear the same outfit for Halloween this year as I have in the years past as I haven't been able to buy any new clothing at all 😿

Can you believe I full-on forgot to draw eyeliner??? My mind was NOT in the game that day!

I wore my Innocent World Japanese Butterfly dress and coordinated it with pink!

I think I've gained some weight.... the torso on this JSK was a bit tight on me 🙀
I tried curling my hair but it falls flat so quickly!  This photo was taken after I got home.

KC, JSK: Innocent World
Blouse: Little Dipper (taobao)
Underskirt: Forest Song (taobao)
Shoes: Sheep Puff

At the meetup I ended up not even doing any crafts!  We mostly talked and set up our dolls to take photos 😹

How it started: Doro's Vtuber dolls

It was fun nonetheless! Catching up with friends is always a good time~

Added in my Halloween Espeon from one of Japan's Pokemon Centers in 2016

Honestly I cannot quite remember what we were talking about? I think some anime stuff as Hako, Niya, and Amelie had gone to a pop-up anime shop beforehand and gotten some goods from a sports anime (I'm not familiar with it but I think it's volleyball?)

Doro brought decorations for the setup

Trying to fit all the dolls in!!

I also finally got a doll bag for Violet!  I wish the findings on the side for the strap were metal instead of plastic, but there wasn't too much choice for bags of this size (25cm) as I didn't want canvas bags, just a plain clear one.

Afterwards, we went to the nearby Mia Cucina for dinner~  It's actually a veg*n restaurant, but many people actually don't know this unless they read the menu descriptions carefully!

Burger

I was actually rather disappointed in my burger.  While it was delicious as a burger in general, it was meant to be Western BBQ flavor with a bit of spice. It had neither of those things, and I LOVE Western BBQ flavor, so I was very much let down.
The truffle fries were very delicious at least!

My friends ordered pasta and salad to split as the pasta servings are a bit large for each person to have just one!  Next time I'll join in the pasta party I think~
Salad

Pasta

Cheesy Pasta (I forgot to take photo of the pesto pasta!)


The restaurant had a bit of decoration for Halloween!
Help! It's a spider!

Overall it was a fun day!  I'm not sure I'll actually get a chance to do anything for Halloween this year, which is disappointing, but such is adult life 😸

You can see the straps here~  Doro gave me the bat and pumpkin!

Do you have any Halloween plans?  The weekend after Halloween I plan to do an escape room with some classmates, though two have dropped out 😿 so it's only three of us this year.  Not sure if I'll dress up at all since it'll be November already!

No comments:

Post a Comment

please share your thoughts!