Friday, October 18, 2024

Creatures of the Night

 Last night I went on a bit of a bar crawl at 西門町/Ximending with Aonele and her friends!  I wore something spooky this time as it's been quite a while since I last did a full face of spooky makeup!

For those of you who have been in Lolita for a long time, you probably remember the international Lolita community on livejournal... and that's where Aonele and I met!  It's been over 15 years since we've known each other!  We first met up in person in 2014 at the Barbie Cafe~

Anyway, the first bar we went to, 如醉如夢/Hanko 60, has been COMPLETELY renovated and lost its original speakeasy charm and vibes. The minimum charge went from around NT$350 to $600!!  It does look nice (I didn't take photos) and like a much more high-end bar/lounge now, but the original busy, slightly cluttered atmosphere was a part of what made it nice to me!

So we just left 😹 I will likely not return there unless I'm trying to impress a date or something.

Across the street is the Hello Kitty 7-11 so we popped in for a look and I got an outfit shot.

Top, Red skirt: ACDC Rag
Bag: Kreepsville 666
Socks: Five Below
Shoes: Sheep Puff

While waiting for Aonele's friend, we went to 解鎖 JoySoul which is a speakeasy located behind a vending machine.  There's no secret code or anything, you can just push on the vending machine and it'll open 😸 Minimum charge is NT$350.

We each got a drink; mine is called Love (NT$380)!  It was supposed to be dragonfruit, but it was actually mango flavored.  I wonder if they made a mistake or if it's because it's the tail end of mango season right now?  It was an absolutely delicious drink!
I don't remember the names of all the drinks haha

We were going to do an escape room after Aonele's friend arrived, but it was too late and they were closed 😿So we went to another bar which had been recommended by the staff of JoySoul the last time I was there!

It's called Westland Bar & Bistro 深夜酒吧 and was also a pleasant experience!  They had a trippy video of black and white cartoons playing on the wall.

Aonele and I both got a honey-based drink called Bee's Knees (NT$380) and it was really fragrant and delicious!!

Minimum charge is NT$500/person here, so a bit pricier.  I got some NT$200 truffle fries, Aonele got the wasabi fries, and one of her friends got fried chicken.  That was enough to put the four of us over the $2000 minimum, so sharing food is a way to go!

The fries were really so good!  I'm a heavy-flavor type of person, and with a couple drinks in me, I just nommed through the fries!

I'm not sure what the other two friends got for their drinks, but they look good!!!!  (Also idk their screen names and don't know if they'd want their IRL names online so that's why I keep referring to them as friends only hahahaha)
Tea-based drink I believe?

Overall it was a lovely night!

DOESN'T THIS LOOK DELICIOUS??? I wish I knew what he got!

Hope you all are having a great week!  Going out to bars is a very expensive past time, but the occasional treat really is tons of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

please share your thoughts!