Sunday, July 17, 2011

Review/Tutorial~Dylon Dye Run Colour Remover

A few weeks ago I posted about my dream dress print running because it got wet. I asked 3 different dry cleaners and none were able to offer any insight or advice on how to fix it (AKA, they told me "too bad! It's ruined forever!"). So I posted to EGL asking what I should reconstruct the skirt into. Instead, I got many recommendations for products to use to get the dye out. One that was mentioned many times was "Dylon Dye Run Colour Remover." Unfortunately, none of the shops I checked (I checked 4!) sold this, so I ended up buying it online. Once it arrived, I eagerly tried it out! I took some photos so you can see how it works!

1) Product:
Photobucket

2) Use enough water to cover your clothing completely/水量要能完全蓋住一服讓她好好泡個澡
Photobucket

3) Skirt:
Photobucket

4) Add Dylon to water/將DYLON加入水裡:
Photobucket

POINT! It is advisable to do a spot test on the seam allowance to make sure your clothes can handle this product! No, I didn't spot test since my skirt was ruined already anyway /建議要先在衣服的縫分試試看用了會不會更糟。 我自己是沒試試看 哈哈 想反正已經退色了!

5) Submerge skirt/把衣服泡到水裡:
Photobucket

6) Soak for 1+ hours, stirring regularly/要泡一個多鐘頭而且要偶爾去攪動一下:
Photobucket

POINT! It is recommended to wear protective gloves when working with chemicals like this! 建議要戴手套! 者種化學藥品很有可能傷皮膚喔!

7) Dye in the water/顏色被吸出來了:
Photobucket

Results:

Before/使用前:
Photobucket
After/使用後:
Photobucket

Before/使用前:
Photobucket
After/使用後:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Conclusion:
Dylon Dye Run Colour Remover removed all the excess red dye without fading the original print at all! I am very satisfied with it and so glad that my skirt looks like new now!