Saturday, October 16, 2010

Tiana's Kitchen~Easy Breakfast-Frog on a Boat

Similar to the ever popular "Toad in a Hole", I have altered the method slightly for a Frog on a Boat breakfast!
recipe

NOTE: No real frogs are involved in the making of this breakfast


Ingredients:
1 slice of bread
1 egg
seasonings of your choice (pepper, salt, chili, butter, etc.)

Directions:
1) Assemble Ingredients
recipe
The bare necessities

2) Cut off the crust and stand them up around the edge of the center piece. They can be attached with a little bit of butter if you prefer. My slice is bread was a little on the small side, so I set the crusts next to the center piece instead of on top!
recipe

3)Carefully crack an egg on top of your bread boat
recipe

4) Send the boat to the dark and flame-y Hell of the toaster oven! Mine was set at 750W and I toasted for about 5 minutes
recipe

5)Toast just until the egg is done. If you like soft yolk, toast for a little bit less time. For firmer yolk, toast longer
recipe

Very quick and easy! I have been trying to think of more creative ways to use toast-style bread. Preferably in healthy ways, though I did just come up with a fun dessert option I may have to make with the next loaf of bread we buy... *plotting deviously*