Monday, October 4, 2010

Review~Neutrogena Ultra-Sheer Dry Touch Sunblock SPF 50+

Today I am excited to share a product review! Sunblock is a very important part of daily skin care. Many people do not like to apply sunblock (myself included!) due to the greasy texture of high SPF sunblocks, the smell, or the "cake-y" feeling on your face

Sun protection is an especially important topic for Lolitas due to the "porcelain doll" look that many strive to achieve. Whether you prefer a healthy glow or try to stay as pale as possible, sunblock is important for preventing wrinkles and skin cancer, which is not lolita at all!

I have been using this sunblock for 2 months now, so I feel that I can write a good, comprehensive review on it 052




At Love Boat summer camp, two of my roommates had this sunblock in SPF 45 and SPF 55. I tried it based on their recommendations, and I must say, it works wonderfully!

Texture: Very light and sheer. I use liberal amounts of sunblock (hey, you are supposed to use a lot to get the advertised SPF!) and it still absorbed quickly and did not feel any different than wearing a full face of liquid foundation.

Cost: In Taiwan, this sunblock costs about NT$499/US$15. On the website it goes for US$10.99, but is currently on sale for US$8.99! I assume most stores will have it for the US$10.99 price :) So those of you in the US are getting a much better deal than I am! I do still feel that this sunblock is worth the money though

Protection: Broad spectrum (UVA/UVB), PA+++, and available in SPF 30, 45, 50, 55, 75, and 100. In all honesty, beyond SPF 50 the protection is only marginally better. I would suggest getting the 45 or 50. Even if you do not apply the recommended amount of sunblock, you will still be getting more protection than the SPF 30 (minimum recommended SPF for outdoor use). Really though, you should apply the recommended amount ;)

Extra Points: Waterproof, sweat-proof, non-comedogenic (will not clog your pores), and PABA-free!

Cons: My only complaint for this sunblock is how runny it is. Because it is so lightweight, the texture is very thin and it is easy to squeeze too much out at once. Be careful the first time you use it and squeeze gently!

Repurchase? I already have ;) Got one on sale for NT$395/US$13 or so!