Thursday, October 21, 2010

Lolita in Secret challenged me; Lolita Pet Peeves!

Lolita in Secret is having a blogger challenge to name your top five Lolita pet peeves!

Here are mine, which actually changes often!

1)Itchy petticoats! I cannot stand the little scratchy scratchy feeling! And since it is under the skirt I cannot just scratch it. Have to act like there is nothing wrong

2)People who cannot take concrit! When nicely worded, concrit helps each of us grow and learn. It is not a personal attack, and you do not need to go crazy defending yourself or accusing the criticizer of being an elitist, a bully, full of herself, etc. It ESPECIALLY bothers me when it comes to artists! If you are a seamstress, make deco jewelry, draw, paint, etc. concrit is a really good thing! If you are not willing to listen, you are not willing to learn, and that is not a good thing at all!

3)Too much fluff! It is not so much that I have a problem with the poof (I love it!), but I am afraid that I will be an inconvenience to somebody else...

4)Needing "more, more, more!" I like the attention to detail and the extravagance of deco lolita, but I don't like how it seems to have raised the bar for all other styles, especially casual lolita. When I first started in Lolita fashion, casual lolita meant a lolita skirt worn with or without a light petticoat, and a cute t-shirt. Maybe knee socks, maybe not, and some cute shoes. The first time I saw somebody post "You can't call that casual lolita if you are not even wearing a petticoat or at least a blouse" I was pretty shocked. That crosses over into proper Lolita, in my opinion! I still like the plain, simple style of Sweet Lolita I first fell in love with, and I like my casual lolita to be, well, casual!

5)Quality over Quantity! I like cheap basics and accessories. But I don't like it when people who don't understand quality of material or construction try to review or promote a product that is substandard for the price they paid. Or try to pass off glaring mistakes or huge flaws as "but it's handmade, and I like it so you should too"

Whew, that actually took a really long time for me to come up with! What are your pet peeves?